SMi Group Reports: The 20th annual Military Airlift and Air-to-Air Refuelling Conference, will convene in Lisbon this December.
The conference agenda is available for download at http://www.military-airlift.com/prcom
Embraer Defense & Security is the leading aerospace and defence industry in Latin America. Its new generation KC-390 multi-mission aircraft, is capable of transporting and launching cargo and troops and performing a wide array of missions, including medical evacuation, search and rescue, aerial refuelling, aerial firefighting and assistance.
Embraer is planning to deliver its first KC-390 airlifter to the Brazilian Air Force in the next few months and has just secured its first export customer – the Portuguese Air Force (Força Aerea Portuguesa: FAP).
As Lead Sponsor, Embraer will be exhibiting and speaking at the conference on:
Protecting Capital Investments Through Enduring Operational Effectiveness
· Managing ‘Investment Nerves’ – Out with the Old & In with the New
· Mitigating ‘Capability Fade’ - Preparing for the Future
· Handling the (Emotional) Baggage – Looking After all the Stakeholders
Mr Simon Johns, Vice President Business Development & Sales, Embraer Defence & Security
Plus, attendees will also hear updates from the Brazilian Air Force and Portuguese Air Force:
Opening Keynote Address: Delivering Multi-Purpose Airlift and AAR Capability
· Current airlift inventory: C-130 capabilities and asset utilisation
· Upgrade of the C-130 fleet – integrating new cockpit displays, flight management and open systems into the avionics architecture
· Strategic priorities for the fleet beyond the Flight2 upgrade
· Requirements for a flexible airlift and tanking capability from a Portuguese perspective
Brigadier General Pedro Alexandre Entradas Salvada, Director, Engineering and Programmes Directorate, Portuguese Air Force
Strategic Views on The Integration of the KC-390 Into the Brazilian Air Force
· Strategic aims and ambitions of the Brazilian AF: prototyping and procuring the KC-390 to meet regional requirements
· Tactical and strategic lift requirements within the Brazilian AOR
· How the KC-390 provides consistent air-to-air refuelling capability for the Brazilian Air Force and enables strategic reach
· Integrating heavy lift platforms with ISR and other mission critical air assets
Air Chief Marshall Antonio Carlos Moretti Bermudez, Chief of Staff, Brazilian Air Force
This year’s agenda will cover the full spectrum of heavy airlift and aerial refuelling, including forward basing and expeditionary operations; international operability; training; airlift platform acquisition; air-air refuelling; Medevac; pooling and sharing; tactical, humanitarian and strategic airlift; ground support equipment; and more.
An early bird saving of £300 is available for conference bookings made before 30th September 2019. Registrations can be made on the event website: http://www.military-airlift.com/prcom
The event will also include a post-conference site visit to Montijo Air Base on the 5th December 2019, hosted by the Portuguese Air Force.
Military Airlift and Air-to-Air Refuelling Conference
3rd and 4th December 2019
Lead Sponsor: Embraer Defense & Security
Gold Sponsors: SkyTech, Airbus
Sponsors: JBT®, Jetex Mission Planning, Leonardo, TLD Group, World Fuel Services
For sponsorship and exhibition enquiries, please contact Sadia Malick, on +44 (0) 207 827 6748 or email [email protected]
For delegate enquiries, please contact Alan Lam on +44 (0) 207 827 6112 or email [email protected]
About SMi Group: Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Masterclasses and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries. We pride ourselves on having access to the world’s most forward-thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network. More information can be found at http://www.smi-online.co.uk