Much awaited Reliance Jio service finally got launched in India today. The plans starting from starting from Rs. 149 to Rs. 4999. All the domestic (Local + STD) Voice calls are free forever in Reliance Jio. So Reliance Jio users need not have to worry above Voice Call charges.
You can choose from plans starting from Rs.149/month to Rs.4,999/month. For last few days all the Reliance Digital stores are witnessing huge crowd for taking Reliance Jio Preview SIM card. This leads to delay in getting and activation of SIM card. Reliance is planning to implement eKYC based on Aadhaar card, this will help any customer walking in with Aadhaar card can signup and get their SIM activated with less than 15 minutes.
Reliance Jio have PAN India 4G LTE licence. According to Reliance Jio the customer should pay only for one service, this helped Jio to come up with revolutionary tariff plan for Jio Customers.
The base rate for Internet (4G) data usage is Rs.50 per GB, this is just 1/10 of the current Data Tariff rate of other leading operators in India. There is always criticism on the Data tariff rate in India, which is at the higher side compared to other developing countries.
There is a Good news for Students also, Students will get additional 25% more data. Jio app subscription worth Rs. 15,000 free until 2017. All the Jio Apps is Free till 2017.
Fiber to home will start soon in selected cities, soon it will be expanded to more than 100 cities.
1. Reliance Jio services will be start from 5 September while the commercial launch take till 31 December.
2. Jio will charge Rs.25-50/GB, 5-10 times lower than currently available rates for mobile Data. With Reliance Jio you will get high speed 4G
3. 4G LTE smartphones will be sold starting from Rs.2,999 and Jio-Fi for Rs.1,999 (Currently its sold at Rs.2890)
4. Tariff plans starting from Rs.19 for the limited data user, to a monthly Rs.149 plan for the light data user. Higher end plan is Rs.4,999/month
5.Except Rs.149/month plan all other plans comes with unlimited 4G data at Night Scheme by default
6. Jio voice calls, across India, will not be charged under any plan.
7. Instant eKYC digital activation using Aadhaar at home as well as in the stores.
8. All services and Jio Apps will be free for users from 5 September to 31 December.