DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in India, 2022" report from Textiles Intelligence Ltd. has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This report looks at the development of the textile and clothing industry in India, its size and structure, and textile and clothing production and consumption.
In addition, the report features: a geographical, political and economic profile; a detailed look at the country's imports and exports; a review of government policies and investment incentives; an analysis of the industry's strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT); and a look at India's infrastructure and human resources and how these affect the industry.
India ranks as the world's second largest producer of textiles and clothing after China, and is the sixth largest exporter of textiles and clothing to international markets.
The textile and clothing industry represents one of the country's most important industrial sectors. In fact, it is India's largest manufacturing activity, and in 2021/22 it accounted for about 7% of India's industrial production and 10% of its national export earnings.
The importance of the industry to India's economy is recognised by the Indian government in its provision of substantial assistance and support.
Who should buy this report?
- Manufacturers of fibres, textiles, clothing and chemicals
- Textile and clothing machinery manufacturers - spinning, weaving, knitting, sewing and import/export
- Textile and clothing brands and retailers like Adidas, H&M etc.
- Educational institutions like universities, fashion schools etc.
- Business consultancy firms
- Textile and clothing trade associations
- Government trade bodies
Key Topics Covered:
IMPORTANCE OF THE TEXTILE AND CLOTHING INDUSTRY TO THE INDIAN ECONOMY
DEVELOPMENT OF THE TEXTILE AND CLOTHING INDUSTRY IN INDIA
INDIA: GEOGRAPHICAL, POLITICAL AND ECONOMIC PROFILE
- Geographical profile
- Political profile
- Economic profile
INDIA: HUMAN RESOURCES
SIZE AND STRUCTURE OF THE TEXTILE AND CLOTHING INDUSTRY IN INDIA
INDIA: TEXTILE AND CLOTHING PRODUCTION AND CONSUMPTION
- Fibre production
- Fibre consumption
- Yarn production
- Fabric production
- Clothing and made-up textiles production
INDIA: TEXTILE AND CLOTHING EXPORTS
INDIA: TEXTILE AND CLOTHING IMPORTS
INDIA: FOREIGN DIRECT INVESTMENT (FDI) IN THE TEXTILE AND CLOTHING INDUSTRY
TEXTILES AND CLOTHING IN INDIA: GOVERNMENT POLICIES AND INVESTMENT INCENTIVES
- Ministry of Textiles
- Export promotion councils
- Government schemes
- Scheme for Integrated Textile Parks (SITP)
- Integrated Processing Development Scheme (IPDS)
- The production-linked incentive (PLI) scheme for the man-made fibre industry and the
- technical textiles industry
- Recent government schemes which have been discontinued
- Business taxes and levies
- Corporate income tax
- Minimum alternate tax (MAT)
- Goods and services tax (GST)
- Social security contributions
- Tax benefits for exporters
- Rebate of State and Central Taxes and Levies (RoSCTL) scheme
- Remission of Duties or Taxes on Export Products (RoDTEP) scheme
- Export processing zones (EPZs) and special economic zones (SEZs)
- Trade agreements
TEXTILES AND CLOTHING IN INDIA: STRENGTHS, WEAKNESSES, OPPORTUNITIES AND THREATS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/2pgtld
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./ CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900