DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Sports Nutrition Supplements - Global Market Trajectory & Analytics" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Amid the COVID-19 crisis, the global market for Sports Nutrition Supplements estimated at US$6.6 Billion in the year 2020, is projected to reach a revised size of US$9.7 Billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 5.7% over the analysis period 2020-2027.
Amino Acids/Derivatives, one of the segments analyzed in the report, is projected to record a 6.2% CAGR and reach US$3.1 Billion by the end of the analysis period. After an early analysis of the business implications of the pandemic and its induced economic crisis, growth in the Herbal Products segment is readjusted to a revised 5.4% CAGR for the next 7-year period.
The U.S. Market is Estimated at $1.8 Billion, While China is Forecast to Grow at 8.8% CAGR
The Sports Nutrition Supplements market in the U.S. is estimated at US$1.8 Billion in the year 2020. China, the world's second largest economy, is forecast to reach a projected market size of US$2.1 Billion by the year 2027 trailing a CAGR of 8.8% over the analysis period 2020 to 2027. Among the other noteworthy geographic markets are Japan and Canada, each forecast to grow at 3.1% and 5.2% respectively over the 2020-2027 period. Within Europe, Germany is forecast to grow at approximately 3.6% CAGR.
Vitamins/Minerals Segment to Record 7% CAGR
In the global Vitamins/Minerals segment, USA, Canada, Japan, China and Europe will drive the 6.5% CAGR estimated for this segment. These regional markets accounting for a combined market size of US$1.1 Billion in the year 2020 will reach a projected size of US$1.7 Billion by the close of the analysis period. China will remain among the fastest growing in this cluster of regional markets. Led by countries such as Australia, India, and South Korea, the market in Asia-Pacific is forecast to reach US$1.3 Billion by the year 2027, while Latin America will expand at a 8.3% CAGR through the analysis period.
Select Competitors (Total 173 Featured):
- Abbott Nutrition
- Bio-Synergy Ltd.
- Champion Performance
- Clif Bar & Company
- CytoSport, Inc.
- Future Nutrition
- Glanbia Plc
- GlaxoSmithKline Plc
- GNC Holdings, Inc.
- Herbalife International of America, Inc.
- Maximum Human Performance, LLC
- MusclePharm Corporation
- Nature's Bounty, Inc.
- Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Post Holdings, Inc.
- Twinlab Consolidated Holdings, Inc.
- Universal Nutrition
- Weider Global Nutrition
Key Topics Covered:
II. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
1. MARKET OVERVIEW
- Influencer Market Insights
- World Market Trajectories
- Sports Nutrition Supplements: Providing Energy, Endurance, and Strength for Improved Performance and Physique
- Growth Drivers in a Nutshell
- Key Challenges
- Recent Market Activity
- Connected Consumers and Disruption of Sports Nutrition Supplements Market: A Fundamental Growth Driver
- Real-time Monitoring of Health and Personalized Nutrition
- Transforming Nature of the Market
- Sports Nutrition Products: Important Trends Summarized
- Sport Nutrition Represents a Global Phenomenon
- Protein Remains the Key Ingredient
- Acceptance among Mainstream Consumers
- Growing Number of Fitness Centers and Health Clubs
- Emerging Popularity of Non-Protein Products
- Increasing Contribution of Non-Conventional Users
- Women Going Places
- Convenience Play a Major Role
- Rapid Urbanization
- Internet Emerge as an Effective Sales Channel
- Impact of Covid-19 and a Looming Global Recession
2. FOCUS ON SELECT PLAYERS
3. MARKET TRENDS & DRIVERS
- Surging Demand from Athletes and Fitness Enthusiasts Drive Strong Market Growth
- Body Builders and Professional Athletes Remain Important Customers
- Growing Health Consciousness, Self-care, and Ageing Population Benefit Market Expansion
- Mounting Healthcare Costs
- Self-Care and Preventive Healthcare
- Need to Avoid Invasive Treatments
- Focus on Healthy Eating
- Supplements Offer High Level of Immunity
- Aging Population
- Demographic Statistics of the Global Aging Populace: Unfurling the Market Potential
- Wide Ranging Benefits Drive Consumer Interest in Protein Supplements
- Whey Protein to Emerge as a Major Ingredient of Sports Nutrition Products
- Rise and Rise of Protein & Protein Ingredients
- High Protein: The Latest Trend in Functional Foods
- Growing Number of Products with Protein Claims
- Demand for Organic Nutrition Supplements Witness Significant Increase
- Herbal Products
- Minerals with Efficacy and Safety Attributes Offers Immense Market Potential
- Clean Labels, Free-From Concept and Natural Ingredients Dominate Sports Nutrition Supplements Demand
- Herbs and Botanicals as Ideal Alternatives to Pharmaceuticals
- Ingredients Continue to Garner Increasing Attention
- Natural, Less-Processed, and Caffeine-free Ingredients Grow in Prominence
- Growing Participation of Young Women in Sports and Fitness Due to Increasing Spending Power Boosts Sales
- Large Number of Women Adopt Fitness, Sports Nutrition and Wearable Technology
- Lack of Proper Knowledge about Children's Supplement Needs Offer Huge Untapped Market Potential
- Increasing Obesity Levels Lends Traction to Market Growth
- Favorable Demographic & Economic Trends Strengthen Market Prospects
- Expanding Global Population
4. GLOBAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE
III. MARKET ANALYSIS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/h6pl48.
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T. Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900