Get the latest Google Camera GCam for your OnePlus 8 Pro and OnePlus 8. Now you can install Google Camera (GCam) on your OnePlus 8 Pro and OnePlus 8without Rooting your phone. Camera2API is already enabled on this phone by default.
This Google Camera (GCam) build can access all the 4 Camera's available on OnePlus 8 Pro and OnePlus 8. So its a full featured Google Camera. This has been tested and verified.
What is Google Camera (AKA GCam)?
Google Camera is the camera app for the Google Nexus and Google Pixel phones. It is not designed or intended to be run on other phones.
1 - Click here to download the latest GCam APK optimized for OnePlus 8 Pro and OnePlus 8
2 - Install the APK
3 - Give all the requested permissions
4 - Open the Google Camera and Load the Config XML
How to Load XML Configs
This GCam versions for OnePlus 8 Pro and OnePlus 8 support import/export of .xml files, allowing users to quickly load the best settings for their phone.
Config files are stored in a folder:
GCam 7.x: /GCam/Configs7/
The top folder, /GCam/, must be created on the same level as the DCIM, Downloads, etc, folders.
To load a config file, move the .xml file to the configs folder, open Google Camera, double click the dark area around the capture button, select the config, and then click on "restore". Sometimes you have to do it twice.
If GCam restarts, it means that the config file has been loaded.
CHOOSE BETWEEN HDR+ AND HDR+ENHANCED
HDR aka (High Dynamic Range) increases the Dynamic Range, the difference between details in the darkest parts of the picture and not washing out in the brightest parts.
HDR+ is just a larger range on this and HDR+ Enhanced even larger again. Basically the phone takes a range of pictures and it combines the underexposed bright parts and the overexposed dark parts into one picture.
If you leave it set to Enhanced, it will almost always give you the best effects and image quality as it gives itself a little longer time to bring together the image.
The only times usually to use HDR+ is when your needing quick snaps of a moving object or if you want a faster shutter image.
Change log for GCam v1.8:
• Added in-app dotfix postprocessing for non-root OP5/5T (Thanks Urnyx05 and Marco)
• Added Color filter arrangement (Thanks Arnova8G2)
• Added Manual Black Level control (Thanks Arnova8G2)
• Added more noise models from UltraCVM GCam (Thanks UltraM8)
• Added separated Noise Modeler toggles for Main, Front and AUX
• Added more exposure time values (32s, 16s, 8s, 4s and 1/4s)
• Added Exposure Time settings for AUX
• Added exposure fixes for Redmi Note 8 Pro and code optimizations (Thanks Wyroczen)
• Added maximum zoom level (Thanks cstark)
• Added Shasta factor
• Added PseudoCT toggle for AWB
• Added Mi10 Ultra AWB (Thanks Savitar)
• Added LG G7 AWB
• Added toggle for Astro 1s/8s
• New xml configs selection menu with dark theme support (Thanks Arnova8G2)
• Fixed some things for OnePlus Nord
• Fixed crashes on some devices
• Reorganized settings
• Small changes and improvements