Ford India has cut the prices of its EcoSport SUV by over Rs.1 lakh, the revision coming within days of the launch of the Vitara Brezza mini off-roader by Maruti Suzuki.
Here is what Ford India states on price cut:
To enhance its value for money proposition, Ford India today announced a realignment of prices across the entire model range of EcoSport, India�s most awarded compact SUV.
Applicable with immediate effect, the Ford EcoSport will be available from INR 668,800 (Ex-showroom Delhi, Petrol) and INR 728,800 (Ex-Showroom Delhi, Diesel).
�Ford EcoSport has always been recognised for its strong value proposition and this realignment further strengthens that proposition,� said Anurag Mehrotra, executive director Marketing, Sales and Service at Ford India. �With enhanced competitive edge across the entire Ford EcoSport petrol and diesel line-up, we are happy to extend the joy of owning India�s most loved compact SUV to many more customers and welcome them to the Ford family.�
- Unmatched peak power of 100 PS (73.8 kW) & outstanding fuel economy of 22.27 Km/L with Ford�s trusted 1.5L TDCi diesel engine
- Greater choice with Ford�s fun-to-drive 1.5L TiVCT petrol engine that delivers 112 PS of power and fuel efficiency of 15.85 Km/L
- Both five-speed manual transmission as well as Ford�s renowned six-speed dual clutch PowerShift automatic transmission
- Up to six airbags for an enhanced level of protection for the driver and as well passengers
- First-in-segment SYNC with AppLink, Ford�s advanced in-car connectivity system allowing drivers to stay connected with their digital lives, along with potential lifesaving technology in Emergency Assistance
- Automatic headlamps, signature light guide, daytime running lights, electro-chromic mirror, rain sensing wipers, push button start and scores of other intuitive features
�Ford EcoSport was the first to create a new compact SUV segment. With enhanced value for money proposition, we are extending its appeal across segments, including INR 6 Lakh � 8 Lakh price band which has been growing at 40% since 2013,� added Mehrotra.
Variant wise new price details of Ford EcoSport (Ex-Showroom, Delhi) are listed below:
|1.5l Ti-VCT (Petrol)||668,800||740,900||NA||856,500||NA|
|1.5l Ti-VCT (Petrol)AT||NA||961,500||NA|
|1.0l EcoBoost (Petrol)||NA||818,900||NA||945,000|
Launched in 2013, the EcoSport has continued to win hearts of customers and enthusiasts alike. The compact SUV has topped global automotive research firm J.D. Power�s Initial Quality Study in the SUV category consecutively for two years in 2014 and 2015.
Variant wise Old Prices of Ford EcoSport (Ex-Showroom, Delhi)
|1.5l Ti-VCT (Petrol)||722,500||818,300||NA||933,900||NA|
|1.5l Ti-VCT (Petrol)AT||NA||1,036,300||NA|
|1.0l EcoBoost (Petrol)||NA||896,300||NA||1,032,400|