Here's the FULL LIST of new rules (as reported in media), which will kick in from July 1:
- From July 1, one will get back 50 per cent of money after cancelling Tatkal tickets. Presently, people don't get refund money on tatkal cancellation.
- Timing for booking tatkal will also be changed. From July 1, tatkal window for AC coach will be open betwen 10 am and 11 am while for sleeper coach it will be open from 11 am to 12 pm.
- Waiting list will come to an end from July 1. The Suvidha trains. Tickets shall be issued only for confirmed and RAC passengers accommodation. There shall be no provision for waiting list in the train.
- Wait-listed passengers will get alternate facility of Suvidha trains.
- People will get only confirmed tickets in these Suvidha trains. One will get 50 per cent cash refund on cancelling Suvidha trains.
- Number of coaches in Rajdhani and Shatabdi will be increased.
- From July 1, Rajdhani and Shatabdi will move ahead with paper less tickets. Only mobile tickets will be valid on these trains.
- From July 1, Premium trains will come to an end.
- 50 percent refund of fare on cancellation charge of rupees one hundred for airconditioned-II tier/first class, rupees ninety for airconditioned III-tier/3 economy/airconditioned chair car and rupees sixty for sleeper class will be granted.