New key features focus on increased security and usability in order to enhance data content management functions in a multi-cloud ecosystem.
The File Fabric is a multi-cloud data content management solution that unifies corporate data stored in object storage, on-cloud or on-premises, into a single pane of glass providing a federate governance and compliance solution for unified corporate data sets whilst promoting end user ease of use through features such as desktop and application integration.
The key features added to File Fabric v1901 enhance its security and usability capabilities:
· Microsoft Office Online Integration: With MS Office online integration, users with an a commercial Office 365 subscription can now open and edit files from many different back-end file stores using Office apps such as Word directly from their web browser. This brings an immense amount of productivity to existing document ecosystems.
· Watermarking of Files for Data Loss Prevention: Watermarking can be enabled for any folder to identify users who attempt to photograph and share sensitive data that has been locked down for web view only. Additionally watermarks can be applied to file shares to further protect non authorised data sharing.
· Accelerate uploads from the Web File Manager: The File Fabric's M-Stream file transfer acceleration feature has been extended to provide accelerated high speed uploads through the Web File Manager, when certified M-Stream storage endpoints are used.
· Accelerated Transfers With Azure Blob Storage: The File Fabric's M-Stream file transfer acceleration feature has been extended to include support for Azure's blobstorage, delivering dramatic performance increases for both uploads to Azure and downloads from Azure.
· Updated Mac Application: The File Fabric’s Mac Application has been updated to support the Mojave operating system.
James Norman, Storage Made Easy Engineering Manager, said, “As one of our biggest code releases yet, this release delivers customers with a strong, cohesive set of features they can begin to use, boosting end-user productivity and strengthening their businesses file security. Headline features include accelerated client uploads from any web browser using M-Stream, advanced DLP features to strengthened collaboration with MS Office Online, help make this one of the most significant Enterprise File Fabric releases in our history.”
About Storage Made Easy (SME)
Storage Made Easy provides a multi-cloud data management and data protection product called the Enterprise File Fabric™ that unifies on-premises and on-cloud company storage assets in addition to standalone products that bridge desktop and cloud, such as operating system native cloud drives and cloud explorer applications.
The File Fabric provides cloud-like economics across a company's storage portfolio, unlocking the benefits and cost-efficiency of its data assets whilst providing strict controls and governance for legislative compliance and security concerns such as ransomware attacks. Existing site-based storage infrastructures can be transformed into an on-premises private cloud, delivering a storage-as-a-service model to the company. Local storage can be connected to public clouds, expertly managed by the File Fabric as a unified hybrid cloud storage platform.
The File Fabric solution offers a “blanket” that companies can privately apply to wrap around all their data: on-premises, within a public cloud, or on a third party software vendors’ cloud (SharePoint or Salesforce for example). Customers can use the File Fabric for security, encryption and control with a focus on compliance regimes such as GDPR, HIPAA, FERPA and GBLA.
Customers include one of the world’s largest social media companies, and also one of the largest global retailers, in addition to global internet service providers, universities and international government and governmental bodies.
The company is backed by one of the largest alternative asset managers in addition to entrepreneurs in the London market insurance industry, who have previously successfully sold their company to a listed peer.
Storage Made Easy is the trading name of Vehera LTD.
Follow us on Twitter @SMEStorage and visit us at www.StorageMadeEasy.com to learn more.