Tensor is proud to announce the release of a new and improved version of the Tensor.NET software, Version 3.8.0.x., which provides several new features and enhancements, as well as some fixes and special software modifications requested by their customers.
Some Examples of the New Features Found in Tensor.NET Version 3.8.0.x
1. Support for Self Service Visitor Monitoring (SSVM) app – a new Unmanned Tablet menu option is available in this version for MCVS customers, enabling them to enter details of the Android or IOS tablets that are using the Unmanned Reception app, SSVM.
2. Company sick pay schemes – Each scheme can contain a number of sick pay rules. Each rule defines the absence code that will be applied to an absence, based on the number of absences that have already occurred within a defined rolling period. Absence payments are then dependant on the rates applied to the differing absence codes.
3. Archiving – the system’s current archive and restore functionality has been extended to include employee’s clockings, absence and job bookings.
4. Employee details – several changes have been made in the employee edit screen:
• A Not Specified (N) gender option is now the default setting. Other gender choices may be added/ selected for employees. A gender-neutral image is also now displayed for employees who do not identify as male or female.
• Role management security permission can now be applied to limit the system users who can view an employee’s hourly rate.
5. Scanner themes – the ability to customise the behaviour of T17xx scanners has been extended for the LED and “halo” colours displayed when clocking IN and OUT. This modification requires version 3.11.b11 of TAX03.
6. BioStation authentication – employees without enrolled biometric templates can now gain access by presenting only their smartcard at Suprema BioStation devices from this version onwards.
1. Absence codes – the problem where absence codes could not be saved when their payband was set to [Shift pay rules] has been corrected.
2. Non clocking shifts – in previous versions the shift core times were not being inserted for non-clocking employees, even though auto insert shift core time was ticked in their roster. This issue is now resolved.
3. Searching – in earlier versions of Tensor.NET, only the search results for employees were shown on a separate tab. From this version onwards, the search results for every screen will be displayed on a separate tab.
1. Mail merging – extra placeholders are now provided to allow the second emergency contact’s details to be included in a mail merged document.
2. Temporary rosters – Previously the system could fail to recognise the end of an employee’s temporary roster change. This version now inserts the employee’s permanent shifts when the temporary roster ends.
3. Alert notifications – a fix was implemented in this version of Tensor.NET to prevent a power status alert from being generated whenever a wireless hub was disconnected and reconnected.
Tensor is a leading UK based designer, manufacturer, installer and systems integrator of smart card & biometric based Access Control, Visitor Monitoring and Time Management systems.
Tensor’s product ranges include Turnstiles & Car Park barriers, Perimeter detection, CCTV (static and rapid deployment), ANPR and Facial Recognition systems. Founded in 1985 with several distributors worldwide, Tensor supplies many blue chip organisations, law enforcement and government agencies both in the UK and abroad.
Tensor is ISO 9001:2015 & NSI NACCOS Gold accredited, a British Security Industry Association member, a ‘Secure by Design’ licensed company and holds many other industry specific and quality accreditations.
With offices throughout the UK, a footprint in several countries and installation & support directly from the manufacturer, Tensor offer an unrivalled level of service to our existing customer base of over 3,000 organisations.
Tensor. The name you can trust in Access Control, Time Management and Integrated Security systems.