A woman called a travel agency. The following conversation ensued:
- Customer: "I want to go from Chicago to Hippopotamus, New York."
- Agent: "Er, are you sure that's the name of the town?"
- Customer: "Yes, what flights do you have?"
Baffled, the agent scoured around but finally had to give up.
- Agent: "I'm sorry, ma'am, I've looked up every airport code in the country and can't find a Hippopotamus anywhere."
- Customer: "Oh, don't be silly. Everyone knows where it is. Check your map!"
Just then, the agent had a stroke of inspiration.
- Agent: "You don't mean Buffalo, do you?"
- Customer: "That's it! I knew it was a big animal!"