Eggs, yogurt, or oatmeal, eating a healthy breakfast sets the tone for a day and your overall health. In fact, research shows that people who start their day with healthier choices have lower body mass index in general.
What happens on a physiological level is without breakfast your cravings and blood sugar levels get spiked, both of which are related to maintaining weight. Courtesy breakfast, you can start your day with stable blood sugar and ultimately fewer calories.
Missing breakfast can result in weight gain
What to eat?
- Consider whole grains.Whole grains keep you feeling full for longer. Try quinoa, oats or whole wheat, low-sugar cereal. For variation, you can go the sweet or savory way.
- Opt for eggs.A study showed that eating two eggs for breakfast can result in higher energy levels throughout the day. If you looking to avoid cholesterol, go for egg whites.
- Avoid high-sugar choices.Eating donuts, breakfast pastries, and sugary cereals may trigger cravings.
- If you not hungry right in the morning, try eating a small meal in next two hours. Have a little yogurt with cereal, peanut butter on some crackers, protein shake with a fruit of choice or a granola bar.
- Include dry berries, seeds or nuts to bump fiber and protein content.