DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "India E-commerce Logistics Market Forecast to 2027 - COVID-19 Impact and Regional Analysis by Service Type, Operational Area, and End User" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
According to this report the Indian e-commerce logistics market is expected to reach US$ 11.48 billion by 2027 from US$ 2.93 billion in 2019; it is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 18.8% from 2020 to 2027.
The report provides trends prevailing in the India e-commerce logistics market along with the drivers and restraints pertaining to the market growth. The Indian e-commerce logistics market is flourishing due to increase in internet penetration, rise in adoption of smartphones, favorable demographics, surge in acceptability of online payment, and emergence of several new e-commerce players on social media. Further, supportive government initiatives to boost infrastructure development and implantation of GST have improved the delivery of e-commerce goods across the country. However, the cybersecurity risk is expected to hamper the Indian e-commerce logistics market to a certain extent.
The India e-commerce logistics market is segmented into service type, operational area, and end user. Based on service type, the market is segmented into transportation, warehousing, and value-added services. In 2019, the transportation segment held the largest share of the market. In terms of operational area, the market is segmented into domestic and international. The domestic segment is expected to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period. Based on end-user, the market is bifurcated into B2B and B2C. The B2C segment contributed a substantial share to the market in 2019.
The COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in fueling the growth of the e-commerce logistics sector. E-commerce players are seeking alternative warehousing locations to help in the continuity of their business, along with mitigating delivery delays. With the rising awareness for social distancing among Indians, people have started opting for online platforms more than before, even in rural areas. Further, extended lockdowns in several countries have resulted in disrupting the supply chain. E-commerce logistics players are leveraging options, such as contactless deliveries, to mitigate the risk of infection, further boosting the demand for online sales. Also, several retailers across the country are going online to expand their reach. It has offered a wider choice of goods to the customers at competitive pricing, thus boosting e-commerce sales. According to a report published by Unicommerce titled - E-commerce Trends Report 2020, as of June 2020, India's e-commerce industry noticed an overall order-volume growth of 17% post the outbreak of COVID-19.
Reasons to Buy
- Save and reduce time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the growth, size, leading players and segments in the India e-commerce logistics market.
- Highlights key business priorities in order to assist companies to realign their business strategies.
- The key findings and recommendations highlight crucial progressive industry trends in the India e-commerce logistics market, thereby allowing players across the value chain to develop effective long-term strategies.
- Develop/modify business expansion plans by using substantial growth offering developed and emerging markets.
- Scrutinize in-depth India market trends and outlook coupled with the factors driving the market, as well as those hindering it.
- Enhance the decision-making process by understanding the strategies that underpin commercial interest with respect to client products, segmentation, and distribution.
- Growing focus of e-commerce players towards cost optimization and streamlining workflow
- Increasing adoption of smartphones coupled with rising internet penetration
- Risk related to cyber-security
- Growing number of e-commerce players
- Advent of innovative technologies
- FedEx Corporation
- Ecom Express Private Limited
- Gati-Kintetsu Express Private Limited
- Ekart Logistics
- Mahindra Logistics Ltd
- Amazon.com, Inc
- Blue Dart Express Limited
- Delhivery Pvt Ltd
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/ftttba
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900