DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Construction in Hong Kong - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2024" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Hong Kong's construction industry was already in a dire state prior to the COVID-19 outbreak, with output contracting by 9.3% in 2019, and the situation has worsened amid the pandemic, with renewed tensions following political interference from China. Although the local protests have contributed to the worsening performance, given the impact on investor confidence, Hong Kong's construction industry had already been struggling amid a general slowdown in residential construction, and a sharp drop in transport infrastructure works.
According to the Census and Statistics Department (C&SD), the country's construction industry continued to decline in the first quarter of 2020, dropping by 9% year-on-year (y-o-y) in real value add terms, marking the sixth consecutive quarterly decline on a y-o-y basis since the fourth quarter of 2018. In the coming quarters, the construction industry is expected to contract further, as investments on major infrastructure projects could be affected due to funding issues, as well as the fear of the resurgence of COVID-19 and the continuation of civil unrest.
Reflecting the recent disruption and the weaker outlook for economic growth, the publisher expects the construction industry to contract by 9.2% in 2020. Key risks associated with Hong Kong's construction industry outlook include a worsening political crisis following China's decision to implement new national security laws for Hong Kong, and the subsequent decision by the US to remove Hong Kong's special status. The US government's trade war with China and the removal of Hong Kong's special status is expected to decrease investment in the construction industry.
This report provides detailed market analysis, information and insights into Hong Kong's construction industry, including:
- Hong Kong's construction industry's growth prospects by market, project type and construction activity
- Critical insight into the impact of industry trends and issues, as well as an analysis of key risks and opportunities in Hong Kong's construction industry
- Analysis of the mega-project pipeline, focusing on development stages and participants, in addition to listings of major projects in the pipeline
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the construction industry in Hong Kong. It provides:
- Historical (2015-2019) and forecast (2020-2024) valuations of the construction industry in Hong Kong, featuring details of key growth drivers.
- Segmentation by sector (commercial, industrial, infrastructure, energy and utilities, institutional and residential) and by sub-sector
- Analysis of the mega-project pipeline, including breakdowns by development stage across all sectors, and projected spending on projects in the existing pipeline.
- Listings of major projects, in addition to details of leading contractors and consultants
Key Topics Covered
1 Executive Summary
2 Construction Industry: At-a-Glance
3.1. Economic Performance
3.2. Political Environment and Policy
3.4. COVID-19 Status
4 Construction Outlook
4.1. All Construction
4.1.2. Latest News and Developments
4.1.3. Construction Projects Momentum Index
4.2. Commercial Construction
4.3. Industrial Construction
4.4. Infrastructure Construction
4.5. Energy and Utilities Construction
4.6. Institutional Construction
4.7. Residential Construction
5 Key Industry Participants
6 Construction Market Data
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/8wv1sb
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900