Cryptocurrencies have gained popularity precisely because of the features provided by anonymity and decentralization — two qualities that are in demand today in the century of the computerization of all processes more than ever before. People started to talk about them since 2015, but this market has reached its peak popularity in 2017, when all the coins started to skyrocket. Today there are over 3,000 cryptocurrencies in the world and the number increases day by day. The popularity of cryptocurrencies soared during the last couple of years. New tokens are emerging every month, but despite all this diversity Bitcoin continues to be the most famous crypto of all times. Only a few altcoins can claim to be its possible competitors and IOTA is one of them.
IOTA is a crypto created to allow data exchange between any data recording machine as part of the Internet of Things, that was announced in the end of 2015. While BTC uses blockchain technology, IOTA uses Tangle technology. As there is no mining in IOTA, there are no transaction fees which makes it more suitable for the micro-transactions. Today 1 IOTA costs $0,21183, its circulating supply is 2 779 530 283 MIOTA and its market capitalization is $589 468 488.
We want to help our readers who are freshmen in the crypto community and who want to diversify their crypto portfolio with some popular tokens other than Bitcoin. Below you will see a detailed instruction on how to buy iota with bitcoin that is composed of three quick and straightforward procedures using the Quickex swapping service. We chose this exchange because from our point of view, this platform is way faster, safer and more handy than its analogues.
- Open a web browser and go to the quickex.io website.
- To find the list of crypto pairs available for exchange scroll the page down. Find the title “Popular exchanges” and push the “BTC to IOTA” button.
- Find the space for amount input in the box. Write down the quantity of bitcoins you are going to exchange and push the “Exchange” button. Be careful about the order details. Make sure that all the information, inter alia the number of coins is accurate and all the conditions are right for you. Write down in the text boxes your wallet addresses (IOTA and BTC) and send your money to the Quickex wallet.
Your job is done here. Now the real exchange process begins. It is also composed of 3 steps, namely:
- After BTC is confirmed on the blockchain, Quickex starts to exchange it to IOTA.
- The exchange process. It usually doesn't take more than 15 minutes (on Quickex).
- The service sends funds to your destination wallet.
Congratulations! The process has been concluded, now pull up your destination wallet. On occasion, it can take time until the funds are shown there. Don’t panic, it is okay, sometimes operations can take more time because of double validation. Besides, don't forget to think twice, do your own research and consider all pros and cons before conducting serious operations with currencies.