Jaguar Land Rover, the UK’s leading manufacturer of premium luxury vehicles today reported its best ever January retail sales of 46,016 vehicles, up 24% on January 2015.
Retail sales for the month of January were up year-on-year across all regions: 65% in Europe, 36% in the UK, 9% in North America, and 5% in China. Other overseas markets were up 15% year-on-year.
Commenting on the performance, Andy Goss, Jaguar Land Rover Group Sales Operations Director said: “Following our best full year global sales in 2015, this is a great start to the new year, with very strong performance from both brands and across all of our key regions. Europe and the UK retailed almost 20,000 vehicles this month alone, driven by solid sales of the XE and the Discovery Sport.
“Similarly, in China market response to the locally-produced Discovery Sport was very positive with retails of almost 3,000 in its second month of sales.”
Marking its best January yet, Land Rover retailed 38,075 vehicles in the month, up 20% year-on-year. Best-sellers for the month were the Range Rover Evoque, retailing 9,729 vehicles and the Discovery Sport, with retails of 9,486 in the month. Demand for the iconic Defender has been very strong in its last month of production, with its best January performance in over a decade.
Jaguar had its best January performance since 2005, delivering 7,941 vehicles, up 44% on the previous year, due to continued solid sales of the XE (3,673 vehicles). Europe and the UK recorded outstanding year-on-year growth of 131% and 184%, respectively, for the month of January and retails in the Overseas region were 22% up year-on-year.
- Over the past five years, Jaguar Land Rover has doubled sales and employment, more than tripled turnover, and invested £11 billion in new product creation and capital expenditure;
- With a balanced regional distribution of sales, in 2015, Jaguar Land Rover sold 487,065, up 5%. Of that, Jaguar sold 83,986 vehicles and Land Rover sold 403,079 vehicles.
- Jaguar Land Rover will invest over £3 billion in its products and facilities in Fiscal 2015 /16;
- The company plans 50 product actions over the next five years;
- Jaguar Land Rover is one of the UK’s largest exporters and generates over 80% of its revenue from exports;
- For Fiscal 2014 / 15, Jaguar Land Rover reported full year revenue of £21.9 billion, EBITDA of £4.1 billion and Profit Before Tax of £2.6 billion;