DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Japan Frozen Seafood Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The Japan frozen seafood market is expected to continuously grow during the next five years. Looking forward, the publisher expects the Japan frozen seafood market to grow at a CAGR of 2.5% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
The seafood products like fishes, fish fillets, shrimps, prawns, shellfish, etc. when subjected to freezing are known as frozen seafood products. Freezing helps to handle and transport the seafood safely and reduces the risk of foodborne illness by preventing the growth of pathogenic bacteria, parasites or other harmful germs in it.
Thus, these products remain fresh, healthy, tasty and have nigh nutritional value compared to the non-frozen seafood products. They also help in lowering blood pressure, reduce the risk of heart problems and are packed in such a way that increases their overall shelf life and thus affordability and availability.
Japan currently represents one of the largest seafood markets globally. At present, the country ranks second in terms of per capita consumption of seafood worldwide. The seafood consumption is expected to increase further in Japan, especially shrimps. Another major factor driving the growth of Japan frozen seafood market is the rising demand for healthy food.
Japan's population is aging faster as compared to other countries, thus, the demand for frozen seafood products that offer health benefits such as lowering cholesterol, micronutrients and essential fatty acids is anticipated to increase further. Moreover, the increasing number of small and single-person households and rising number of working women, is also boosting the frozen seafood industry in the country.
Other factors that are expected to catalyze the market growth include- increasing trend of convenient products such as ready-to-eat meals/semi-processed products/easy-to-prepare fish products, changing lifestyles, new product launches, product premiumization and rising healthcare expenditures.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the Japan frozen seafood market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the Japan frozen seafood market?
- What is the breakup of Japan frozen seafood market based on the type?
- What is the breakup of Japan frozen seafood market based on the sector?
- What is the breakup of Japan frozen seafood market based on the distribution channel?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of Japan frozen seafood market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in Japan frozen seafood market?
- What is the structure of Japan frozen seafood market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in Japan frozen seafood market?
The report has also examined the competitive landscape of the market and provides the profiles of the key players operating in the industry.
Some of the major players include:
- Kibun Foods Inc.
- Nippon Suisan Kaisha, Ltd.
- Marudai Food Co. Ltd.
- Maruha Nichiro Corporation
- Historical, Current and Future Market Trends
Market Breakup by Type:
- Pacific Salmon
- Tuna (bigeye)
- Tuna (yellowfin)
- Jack and Horse Mackerel
- Other Frozen Fish
Pacific Salmon currently represents the largest segment.
Market Breakup by Distribution Channel:
- Supermarkets and Hypermarkets
- Convenience Stores
- Speciality Retailers
Supermarkets and Hypermarkets currently represent the leading segment.
Market Breakup by Sector:
Institutional sector currently dominates the market accounting for majority of the market share.
Key Topics Covered:
2 Scope and Methodology
3 Executive Summary
5 Japan Frozen Seafood Market
6 Market Breakup by Type
7 Market Breakup by Distribution Channel
8 Market Breakup by Sector
9 Competitive Landscape
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/uxxeuv
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900