Lightning is fascinating, dangerous and beautiful. This article explains the science of lightning in simple language, debunks popular myths, and provides surprisingly effective survival tips.
- The physics of thunder and lightning
- Is it safe to drive during lightning?
- Are mobile phones dangerous?
- Can we take shelter under a tree?
- Can we calculate how far away the lightning strike was?
- Does lightning strike planes?
- Where is the safest place to be?
- Are swimming pools safe?
- Should we remove jewellery and watches?
- How to revive a lightning strike victim?
- What to do if we are outdoors?
An interesting and must read article written by Dr Rajeev Jayadevan