DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Railways in India 2021: Sector Analysis, Impact of COVID-19, Market Opportunities and Outlook" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The National Infrastructure Pipeline envisages a planned capital investment of over Rs 13 trillion for the railways sector by 2024-25.
IR has a target to complete over 17,000 km of new line, doubling and gauge conversion works by 2023-24.
The railway sector has proven to be a key contributor in India's response to the COVID-19 crisis. It played a critical role in addressing supply chain challenges during the lockdown when other modes of transport came to a halt.
While several projects continue to face challenges due to difficulties in labour mobilisation and procurement of specialised equipment, work on IR's mega infrastructure projects such as 100 percent electrification are continuing as per schedule.
Going forward, IR is expected to increase its focus on the freight segment to make up for the losses incurred due to suspension of passenger trains. In addition, the sector is also looking to tap new sources of funding including private investment for faster infrastructure development.
This research package consists of four key elements:
- Research Report (PDF format)
- Data-set (in excel format)
- 11 Monthly Updates
- 52 Weekly Newsletters
The report will provide you the following:
- Sector Trends and Developments
- Impact of COVID-19 on Operations, Projects, and Investments
- Operational and Financial Performance of IR
- Segment Analysis for Rolling Stock, Tracks and Signalling Systems
- Project Pipeline and Upcoming Tenders
- Future Outlook and Projections
- Opportunities for EPC Contractors, Technology and Equipment Providers
- Investment requirements for the next five years
The report is divided into seven sections with 26 distinct chapters:
- Section I: Sector Analysis, COVID-19 Impact Assessment, Outlook and Projections
- Section II: Operational and Financial Performance: Trends, Impact of COVID-19 and Future Outlook
- Section III: Focus on Mega Projects: Progress So Far, COVID-19 Impact, Revised Timelines and Upcoming Opportunities
- Section IV: Segment Analysis: Focus on Rolling Stock
- Section V: Segment Analysis: Construction
- Section VI: New Focus Areas: Key Initiatives and Future Strategies
- Section VII: Key Railway PSUs
Database of Key Projects
The database is a compilation of ongoing and upcoming projects in the railways sector.
The 11 monthly updates will comprise 16-24 pages on analysis of traffic and earnings, performance of production units, key efficiency indicators, project updates, upcoming tenders, new project announcements (new lines, DFC, high-speed rail, RRTS, station redevelopment, etc.), key data and statistics.
The 52 weekly newsletters will comprise 4-6 pages. It covers news developments in the railways sector relating to policy announcements, government initiatives, project completions/awards/announcements, update on key programmes, key financings, etc.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/g7w7jn
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900