- October 1st-2nd, both online and offline at the SETEC Convention Hall and via Zoom
- Lectures by Korean and overseas experts in neuroscience, psychology, and counseling on the topic of Counseling Psychology and Mindfulness
- 'Psychological Counseling' suggests psychological healing through mindfulness following last year's theme 'Education & Mindfulness'
- Three international keynote speakers in the lineup, including Dr. Stephen W. Porges of Polyvagal Theory
- Five Korean speakers in counseling psychology, including Dr. Hyegyeong Kwon, a New York-based psychoanalyst, and Seokwang sunim
SEOUL, South Korea--(BUSINESS WIRE)--#2022SeoulRelaxWeek--The mental health care festival to comfort tired citizens in the era of a continuous pandemic will begin in August. The Seoul Relax Week Meditation Conference 2022, which celebrates its 4th anniversary, will be returned both online and offline on October 1st and 2nd under the theme of ‘Counseling Psychology and Mindfulness’ at the SETEC Convention Hall and via Zoom webinar.
The 'Seoul Relax Week Meditation Conference,' which started in 2019 to promote healthy mindfulness for the public in Seoul, has been recognized as a venue for exploring meditation and mindfulness and extending horizons of mindfulness by inviting renowned domestic and foreign experts.
There are a total of 8 speakers; three international neuroscientists and professionals who have developed methods and programs of psychological healing through mindfulness and five leading domestic experts who contribute to the popularization of mindfulness meditation and psychological counseling in Korea, including a psychoanalyst based in New York. The agenda of Day 1 is 'How Science Heals the Wounded Mind'; on the following day, 'How Meditation Enhances Resilience and Mind-Immunity’ will be introduced through resourceful lectures.
International speakers’ lineup:
- Stephen W. Porges, a professor of psychiatry who leads the Trauma Research Center under the Kinsey Institute of Indiana University, who developed the Polyvagal Theory.
- Eric Van Den Brink, Co-founder of the Center for Integrated Psychiatry in Groningen, Netherlands, also mindfulness teacher who co-developed the MBCL program.
- Christine Braehler, a key contributor and a teacher to the development of the first clinical adaptation and non-clinical training program, Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) and teacher training program.
Korean speakers’ lineup:
- Dr. Hyegyeong Kwon, a New York-based psychoanalyst and founder of Counselor Korea (www.CounselorKorea.com).
- Seokwang sunim, president of the Korea Institute of Meditation and Psychological Counseling and the pioneer who introduced the Mindfulness Self Compassion (MSC) program in South Korea for the first time.
- Professor Junsu Kwon, in the Department of Psychiatry, Seoul National University College of Medicine, is also known as a Korean top expert in the field of schizophrenia and obsessive-compulsive disorder and a world-class neuroimaging expert.
- Honorary Professor Gyu-mi Lee, at Ajou University and Director of Nawoori Psychological Counseling Research Center that formed a disaster psychological support group for psychologists to actively participate in the cases of national disasters.
- Kim Jeong-ho, President of the Mindfulness-Positive Psychology Research Group affiliated with the Korean Association for Health Psychology, and Director of the Northeast Center for Psychological Support in Seoul, Professor of Psychology at Duksung Women's University.
There will be chances you can meet international speakers during Live Talks. Dr. Hyegyeong Kwon and creator Seol-Min Choi, who runs the YouTube channel ‘Psychology through Play,' will open up the Conference by talking about 'the effect of trauma on the human mind.' On Day 2, Christine Braehler and Seokwang sunim will close the Conference by discussing alternatives to psychological quarantine in the post-pandemic during the talk ‘What Mindset Should We Have for a Better Living?’
Visit the official website (www.relaxweek.kr) for more information on the Seoul Relax Week 2022 Meditation Conference; ticket sales have been open now.
About Seoul Relax Week
The Seoul Relaxation Week 2022 is an online and offline festival that promotes mental health & healing. It consists of three programs: 'Meditation Conference' with prominent speakers' lectures, 'Meditation Week' to practice mindfulness for a wise life daily, and 'Place to Rest the Mind,' which introduces spots in Seoul that are accessible for improving the well-being of body and mind. Website: http://relaxweek.kr