Provides Members Access to Exceptional Resources, Including Networking Opportunities, Lectures and Financial Support
TOKYO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--#masasonfoundation--The Masason Foundation (“the Foundation”), founded by Masayoshi Son – SoftBank Group Representative – today announced applications are now open to new members. The Foundation was established in 2016 to provide exceptional young future leaders with access to resources to further develop their skills and education.
The application process will be open for those 25 and under from January 17 through March 1, 2023. Following the application process, approximately 35 distinguished applicants will be chosen and certified as members of the Foundation, joining the existing group of 194 members aged from 8 to 29.
Members of the Foundation will have access to the Shibuya Cast facility in Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, where they will be able to conduct research and development activities, interact with their peers, and attend lectures by specialists and experts in various fields, including the directors of the Foundation. The Foundation will also provide financial support to members who wish to gain research experience, study abroad or accomplish a particular goal.
Application Process For New Members
1. Application Period
- January 17 (Tue.) to March 1 (Wed.) 2:00 p.m. 2023 JST
2. Number of Available Positions
- Approximately 35 openings
3. Application Qualifications
Those up to 25 years of age at the time of applying who fulfill any of the application qualifications (1) to (5) below may apply.
(1) Applicants who have achieved excellent results in international or national-level competitions, regardless of the field
(2) Applicants who have internationally accepted qualifications or belong to an internationally recognized organization
(3) Applicants who have clearly excelled and achieved outstanding results in their studies or research activities
(4) Applicants who are preparing to set up a business or producing results through businesses they are already operating
(5) Applicants who demonstrate superior thinking in their dissertations reviewed by the executive office of the Foundation during the selection process
4. Selection of Members to Support
- Members will be chosen by a selection committee based on the application information.
- Please enter the necessary application information through the application form on the Foundation’s website at (https://masason-foundation-entry.secure.force.com/PrivacyPolicyEPage).
- Masason Foundation Inquiries Form
- For more detailed information, please see the application guidelines on the Foundation’s website.
About the Masason Foundation
The Foundation was established in December 2016 by SoftBank Group Representative Masayoshi Son to provide an environment that enables youth with high aspirations and exceptional talents to develop their skills, and to contribute to the future of humankind. The Foundation provides support to youth with lofty ambitions and exceptional talents for expanding their potential and for their growth to be people who will create the future through exposure to new values and technologies, and interaction with others who also have high aspirations.
For more details, please visit the Foundation’s website at (https://masason-foundation.org/en/about/).