Amazon Alexa is ready to work in India, Even if the Amazon Alexa is officially launched in India by Amazon, they had not enabled the Alexa App and English (India) language in the App. Finally after a long wait today Amazon added Alexa App for India Market. You can download the Alexa App from Google play store and Apple App store. Once downloaded you can setup your Alexa device and set the language as English (India). Alexa can understand Indian English accent and know how to talk back in Indian English.
Amazon will start delivery of Alexa devices in India from First week of Nov 2017. Those who had already brought their devices from Amazon.in will get their devices and they can directly start play with. I myself had brought the Alexa Echo Dot and I had changed the language to English (India). I am still not able to enable the specific skills for Indian Market. Here are few India specific skill Saavn, Hue Philips, Times of India, Ola, Zomato, Goibibo etc. Hope these skills will be live soon on Alexa Skill Market.
Amazon Alexa Devices are available by invitation only. You can request for a invite here
As an intro offer Amazon is giving Flat 30% off on all Alexa Devices. The below price include one year Prime Membership worth Rs.999 absolutely Free. Amazon India is all set to launch Amazon Music by next Month. Amazon Price users can use Amazon Music for Free.
Echo Dot for Rs.3,149
Amazon Echo for Rs.6,999
Echo Plus for Rs.10,499
What is Amazon Alexa Device?
- Echo Dot is a hands-free, voice-controlled device that uses Alexa voice service to play music, set alarms and timers, check your calendar, weather and sports scores, manage to-do and shopping lists, control smart home devices, and more-instantly
- Connects to speakers or headphones through Bluetooth or 3.5 mm stereo cable to play music from services like Amazon Prime Music, Saavn and TuneIn
- Includes a built-in speaker so it can work on its own as a smart alarm clock in the bedroom, an assistant in the kitchen, or anywhere you might want a voice-controlled computer
- With seven microphones, beam-forming technology, and noise cancellation, Echo Dot hears you from any direction-even in noisy environments or while playing music
- Controls lights, plugs, and more with compatible connected devices from Philips, Syska and others
- Alexa is always getting smarter and adding new features and skills. Just ask Alexa to order food from Zomato, request a ride from Ola, book a carpenter from Urbanclap, and more