Rujuta Diwekar's Healthy Diet Advice
1. Eat LOCAL fruits. Like Banana, Grapes, Chikoo, Mangoes. All fruits have FRUCTOSE so it doesn matter that u r eating a mango over an Apple. A Mango comes from Konkan n Apple from Kashmir. So Mango is more local to u.
Eat all d abv fruits even if u have DIABETES as d FRUCTOSE will eventually manage ur SUGAR
2 . Choose Seed oils than Veggie oils. Like choose ground nut, mustard, coconut n til. Don't choose chakachak packing oils, like olive, rice bran etc
Go for kachchi ghani oils than refined oils
3. Rujuta spent max time talking about GHEE n its benefits.
Eat GHEE daily. How much GHEE we shud eat depends on food. Few foods need more GHEE then eat more n vice versa. Eat ample GHEE. It REDUCES cholesterol.
Include COCONUT. Either scraped coconut over food like poha, khandvi or chutney with idli n dosa
Coconut has ZERO CHOLESTEROL and it makes ur WAIST SLIM.
Don't eat oats, cereals for breakfast. They r packaged food n we dont need them. Also they r tasteless n boring n our day shouldn't start with boring stuff.
Breakfast should be poha, UPMA, idli, dosa, paratha
4 . Farhaan akhtars New ad of biscuits - fibre in every bite... Even ghar ka kachara has fibre, likewise oats have fibre. Don't chose them for fibre. Instead of oats, eat poha, upma, idli, dosa
5. No JUICES till u hv teeth in ur mouth to chew veggies n fruits
6 . SUGARCANE is d real DETOX . Drink d juice fresh or eat d SUGARCANE
7 . For pcos, thyroid - do strength training and weight training and avoid all packaged food
8. RICE - eat regular WHITE RICE. NO NEED of Brown rice. Brown rice needs 5-6 whistles to cook n when it tires ur pressure cooker, then why do u want to tire ur tummy.
A white rice is hand pounded simple rice
Rice is not high is GI INDEX. Rice has mediun GI index n by eating it with daal / dahi / kadhi we bring its gi index further down
If we take ghee over this daal chawal then d GI INDEX is brought further down
Rice has some rich minerals n u can eat it even three times a day
9. How much should we eat - eat more if u r more hungry, let ur stomach be ur guide n vice versa
10. We can eat rice n chapati together or only rice if u wish. It depends on ur hunger. Eat RICE in ALL THREE MEALS without any fear.
11. Food shudnt make u scared like eating rice n ghee. Food should make u FEEL GOOD
12 . NEVER look at CALORIES. Look at NUTRIENTS
13 . No bread, biscuits, cakes, pizza, pasta
14. Ask yourself is this the food my Nani n Dadi ate? If yes then eat without fear.
15. Eat as per ur season. Eat pakoda, fafda, jalebi in monsoon. Ur hunger is as per season. Few seasons we need fried food so eat them.
16 . When not to have chai - tea - dont drink tea as d first thing in morning or when u r hungry. Rest you can have it 2-3 times a day n with sugar
17 . NO GREEN tea plz. No green, yellow, purple, blue tea.
18 . Eat ALL of your TRADITIONAL foods
19. Strictly NO to packaged foods/drinks.
20. Exercise/Walk more to digest & stay healthy...
By the Way ....
Rujuta Diwekar is highest paid dietician in Bollywood .